Root Vegetable Patties
1 1/2 Cups 375ml Turnip, peeled and cut into cubes
1 Cup 250 ml Potato, cut into cubes
½ Cup 125 ml Onion, chopped fine
1 Egg, beaten lightly
¼ Cup All-purpose flour
2 Tbsp 30 ml Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot boil the chopped turnip and potato for 15 to 20 minutes- until tender.
2. Drain water and mash turnips and potatoes a fork. Add the onion, the egg, flour, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix ingredients together.
3. Add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil to a frying pan and on medium-high.
4. Spoon ¼ Cup of the turnip potato batter into the pan, flattening them into patties with a spatula-approximately 2 cm.
5. Fry the patties until golden, approximately 4 minutes on each side and serve.
For another variation replace ¾ Cup turnip with ¾ Cup of root vegetables (parsnip or sweet potato).
Recipe adapted from: simplyrecipes.com/recipes/turnip_and_potato_patties/