Banana Oat and Quinoa Pancakes
Yield: 4 pancakes
¼ cup/60mL Quinoa, dry
¼ cup/60mL Oats, dry
1 medium Banana
1 large Egg
1 tbsp Milk or milk alternative
- Place quinoa and oats in a blender and pulse to a fine powder.
- Add banana, egg and milk and continue blending until smooth.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour batter into pan to form 4 pancakes.
- Flip the pancake when you see bubbles in the centre.
Tip: Top with your favourite yogurt and fresh or frozen fruit for a delicious, balanced breakfast!
These pancakes are made with whole grains, so they are full of fibre and protein that will keep you feeling full until lunch! They are great fresh, or you can make a batch ahead of time and heat them in the toaster for breakfast.