• Parsnips are members of the parsley family, along with carrots, fennel, dill and celery.
• Parsnips contain potassium, fibre, and vitamin C, and are a good source of folate. Just half a cup of cooked parsnips contains three grams of fibre and one gram of protein!
• Parsnips are known for their sweet and nutty flavour!
Storage, Preparation and Cooking Tips
• Parsnips are best stored between 0-4°C in a refrigerator and can last 3-4 weeks.
• Many recipes will suggest not peeling them but remember to wash them well before using.
• Parsnips can be baked, roasted, added to a casserole or soup.