• Onions are full of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium and quercetin, which can protect against cancer, cataracts and cardiovascular disease.
• They come in multiple shapes, sizes
• Onions contain generous amounts of a flavonoid called quercetin, which can protect against cancer, cataracts and cardiovascular disease.
Storage, Preparation and Cooking Tips
• Onions are best stored between 0 and 4°C.
• They have a paper like skin that should be removed before cooking.
• With distinct aroma and flavour yellow and white onions are often fried and added to various dishes Red onions are good raw in your favourite salad.