• Kohlrabi is part of the cabbage family and its name translates into “turnip cabbage”
• Kohlrabi has a mild, sweet flavour with a crisp crunchy texture. It is grown in Nova Scotia and is available in the fall.
Storage, Preparation and Cooking Tips
• Kohlrabi is best stored in the fridge inside a perforated bag between 0-4°C. It will last for about 2 weeks.
• To prepare, trim off the stems and peel it as if it is an apple. Kohlrabi can be sliced, cut into wedges or small pieces.
• Kohlrabi can be enjoyed raw, roasted, steamed or in a stir-fry.