• Carrots are a great source of beta-carotenes, a vitamin A precursor. The carotene is what gives the carrots their orange colour!
• Carrots are rich in antioxidants, dietary fibre and minerals
• Over 800 hectares of carrots are grown in Nova Scotia, mainly in the Annapolis Valley and Colchester and Cumberland Counties.
Storage, Preparation and Cooking Tips
• Best stored between 0 and 4°C, in a dark place or in the refrigerator.
• Do not wash or peel until ready to use. Once prepared eat within 4 hours of preparation or return to refrigerator.
• Carrots are good both raw and cooked.