• Cabbage is a fall and winter vegetable that is a large part of our Nova Scotia heritage. Cabbage is readily available in various green, and purple colors. Approximately 150 hectares of cabbage is grown in Nova Scotia every year.
• Cabbage is low-priced, tolerates the cold well, and you’ll get a few meals out of a head!
Storage, Storage, Preparation and Cooking Tips
• Cabbage should be kept between 0-4 °C
• To prepare the cabbage, remove any old or damaged outer leaves, cut the leaves free from the core, rinse and chop to preferred size or shape.
• Cabbage can be enjoyed both raw and cooked. When cooking, boil for 4-6 minutes or stir-fry for 2-4 minutes.