Roasted Hakurei Turnip
1 bunch Hakurei Turnips
3 tbsp/45mL Olive or canola oil
1 tsp/5mL Salt
- Slice the green stems off of the turnips and save for later. Scub the turnips well to remove any dirt.
- Cut the turnips into wedges. Cut the small turnips in half.
- Toss the turnips with 2 tbsp of the oil and ½ tsp of salt.
- Place turnips into a roasting pan and roast in a 4250F oven for 15 minutes. Stir the turnips after 7 minutes.
- Wash the remaining greens and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Toss the greens with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and ½ tsp of salt.
- Take pan out of oven after the 15 minutes and turn turnips again. Make a space for the greens and spread them out in the pan. Roast for five more minutes.
- Take out of oven and enjoy!