Spectacular Garden Squares
Adapted from Strive for Five.
Yield: 15 squares
1/4 cup/60mL Non-hydrogenated margarine or butter
1/2 cup/125mL Green onion, finely chopped
1 cup/250mL All-purpose whole wheat flour
1 cup/250mL 1% milk
1/2 lb/227g Spinach
2 cups/500mL Low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tsp/3mL Salt
1 tsp/5mL Baking powder
1 tsp/5mL Non-hydrogenated margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan with 1 tsp of margarine or butter.
- Melt ¼ cup of margarine in a small pan. Add the green onion and sauté until soft.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs; add the sautéed onions, flour, milk, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spread spinach and cheese over the pan.
- Pour liquid mixture evenly over the spinach and cheese, so it is all covered.
- Bake for 35 minutes and cut pan into 15 squares