Sautéed Maple Apple Slices
Adapted from Strive for Five.
Yield: 8 servings
1/2 cup/125mL Apple juice
2 tsp/10mL Cornstarch
2 lbs/1kg Apples
2 tsp/10mL Lemon juice
1/3 cup/75mL Maple syrup
2 tsp10mL Margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Blend the apple juice and cornstarch in a measuring cup, making sure that all the cornstarch is dissolved and is not lumpy.
- Core and slice the apples; they do not need to be peeled. Place the apple slices in a 9”x13” pan.
- Toss the apples with the lemon juice to prevent browning. You may want to do this as you slice them, depending on the apple variety as some brown more quickly than others.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the maple syrup. Bake for another 10–15 minutes.
- Stir in the apple juice/cornstarch mixture. Dot with the margarine. Stir well.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened and transparent. Stir gently to distribute the glaze over all the apple slices.