Maple Granola Bartlett Pears
Adapted from Strive for Five.
Yield: 8 servings
4 Large firm-fleshed fresh pears
2 tbsp/30mL Margarine or butter
1 cup/250mL Granola
1/4 cup/60mL Maple syrup
- Grease a baking pan with 1 tsp of the margarine.
- Wash the pears well. Cut each pear in half lengthwise. Remove the core and make a hollow large enough to fit 2 tbsp of granola.
- Fill each pear hollow with about 2 tbsp of granola; press it gently into the pear flesh. Place the pear halves in the pan, flesh-side-up.
- Heat the maple syrup with the remaining margarine. Spoon the mixture over the pears in the pan.
- Bake for 30–45 minutes, until the flesh is soft. The cooking time will depend on the ripeness of the pears.