Adapted from Strive for Five.
Yield: 8 servings
2 lbs/1kg Turnip
2/3 cup/180mL Apple juice or apple cider
2 tbsp/30mL Honey, liquid
1/4 tsp/1mL Ginger, ground
1/4 tsp1mL Salt
Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel and slice the turnip into 1/2” (1.25-cm) slices. Cut the slices to a size that would be suitable for a serving.
- Boil the turnip for at least 10 minutes, until it is just tender. Do not overcook or the slices will break when transferred to a 9”x13” pan.
- Meanwhile, simmer the apple juice or cider in a pot to reduce the amount to 1/2 cup (125 mL). Add the honey and ginger and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the salt and pepper.
- Transfer the turnip slices to the pan. Evenly distribute the apple juice/honey mixture over the turnip slices.
- Bake for about 5 minutes on each side or until the slices appear glazed.