Adapted from the 30 Great Pocket Lunch Ideas for Kids website.
Yield: 8 servings
6 Large eggs
1/3 cup/80mL Milk or milk alternative
2 cups/500mL Baby spinach, chopped
1/4 cup/60mL Frozen corn
1/3 cup/80mL Shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease muffin tins or line with muffin cups.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk (or milk alternative).
- Fold in chopped spinach, frozen corn and shredded cheese, and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups/tins and fill approximately ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 mins and cool completely before removing from muffin tins.
- Can be stored in the fridge for three days or in the freezer for up to one month.
Tip: Multiply this recipe for a school breakfast program! Great for grab and go breakfasts because of the handy size.
These mini frittatas are simple and portable. Make ahead and use as part of a well-balanced lunch or re-heat for breakfast on those busy weekday mornings!