Curried Egg and Potato Salad
Adapted from Half Your Plate.
Yield: 8 servings
4 Eggs hard-cooked, peeled
4 Potatoes, chopped into small cubes
2 Apples. cored and chopped (such as Royal Gala or Empire)
2/3 cup/175mL Celery, chopped
1/3 cup/80mL Red Onion, chopped
1/3 cup/80mL Sour cream or yogurt, fat-free
1/4 cup/60mL Mayonnaise light
1 tbsp/15mL Apple cider vinegar
2 tsp/10mL Mild curry paste or powder
- Chop two of the eggs and cut remaining two into wedges for garnish.
- In small saucepan, bring potatoes to boil and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well and place in large bowl.
- Add chopped eggs, apples, celery and green onions.
- In small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, curry paste and pepper. Pour over potato and egg mixture and stir gently to coat well.
- Garnish with egg wedges and cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.