Cauliflower with Curried Carrot Dip
Adapted from Strive for Five at School.
Yield: 8 servings
3-4 cups/500mL Cauliflower
1 cup/500mL Carrots, sliced
2 tbsp/30mL Onion, chopped
1/2 clove Garlic, minced
2 tsp/10m Canola oil
1 tsp/5m Curry powder
1/4 tsp/1mL Cumin, ground
1/3 cup White kidney beans
- Remove the outer leaves and wash the cauliflower well. Cut the florets at the base, where they meet the stalks. You can cut them again into smaller pieces.
- Cook the carrots in a medium sauce pan with a small amount of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, cook onions and garlic until soft, not brown. Stir in the curry and cumin.
- Blend the carrots and the onion mixture in a food processor until smooth. Place into a bowl.
- Blend the white kidney beans in the food processor until smooth and add them to the bowls with the carrot onion mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.