Baked Potatoes and Black Bean Topping
Adapted from Strive For Five in Schools.
2 lbs/1kg Baked Potatoes
½ cup/125mL Canned black beans, rinsed & dried
¼ cup/60mL Medium salsa
¼ tsp/1mL Coriander, ground
2/3 cup/160mL Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease 11x17 sheet pan with canola oil.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Lay the potato halves face side down on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until a fork inserts easily into the centre.
Black Bean Topping
- Heat the beans and salsa. Stir in coriander.
- Top each potato with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the bean/salsa mixture and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the cheese.