Curried Carrot Dip
Adapted from the Strive for Five website.
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup/250mL Carrots, sliced
2 tbsp/30mL Onion, chopped
½ clove Garlic, minced
2 tsp/10mL Canola Oil
1 tsp/5mL Curry Powder
1/4 tsp/1ml Ground Cumin
1/3 cup/75ml White Kidney Beans
- Cook the carrots in a covered medium saucepan in a small amount of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, cook the chopped onion and minced garlic in the oil until soft but not brown. Stir in the curry powder and cumin.
- Blend the carrots and the onion mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a bowl.
- Purée the white beans in a food processor until smooth. Add them to the bowl with the carrot/onion mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve with the cauliflower.